Buyer Beware of the Unscrupulous Gold IRA Dealers
Have you made a recent gold or silver purchase and we're unsatisfied after the transaction? Maybe they got you to buy something you were not calling about, or maybe they were able to sell you gold coins but aren't willing to buy them back.
There is a distinct difference between an online gold dealer and a gold IRA dealer. Working with the best companies for your self-directed IRA take some time to research and find the company that has your best interest as priority number one.
The best gold IRA dealers educate and inform before they sell. They work with you in choosing the right metals and only make the purchase you're comfortable with when you are ready to buy.
At The Plug, our website is built around helping people see and understand there are alternative investing outside the traditional stock market. We don't suggest or imply you buy any particular item or work with any particular company. We do provide you with options and information. These can lead to a good decision on your part.
Overview: 10 Gold IRA Dealer Lies
Dealer Lie #1 @ 1:17: Storytelling
Dealer Lie #2 @ 3:25: Cancelation Opportunity
Dealer Lie #3 @ 4:15: Inventory
Dealer Lie #4 @ 4:36: Let Met Check "The Vault"
Dealer Lie #5 @ 5:00: Universal Guaranteed Price over Spot
Dealer Lie #6 @ 5:35: Piggybacking on a Big Trade
Dealer Lie #7 @ 6:08: Price Protection Program
Dealer Lie #8 @ 6:51: Bait and Switch
Dealer Lie #9 @ 7:45: Must Buy Now
Dealer Lie #10 @ 8:22: Low Spread on the "Ask"
Do some of these "Lies" sound familiar? Finding and working with the best Gold Dealers takes some time. This is your retirement savings and you want to make the best decision for YOU!
If you get some of these great offers, ask for them in writing and signed off by the CEO of the company. If they are the best offer today, ask yourself WHY? Can't you buy a similar IRA Approved Bullion tomorrow?
Be informed, by checking out this video you are taking the necessary steps to be an informed precious metals buyer.
Check out The Plug's list of the 5 Best Gold IRA Companies and find out who's in The Plugs Top 5!
Our #1 recommendation is giving away a FREE Gold Investing Kit! Get your kit for free by Clicking the Button Below:
Protect & Secure Your IRA/401(k)
What is a Gold or Silver IRA?
A Gold or Silver IRA, also known as a Precious Metals IRA, is a self-directed individual retirement account that allows you to invest in physical gold or silver bullion or certain approved precious metal coins. It provides an alternative to traditional retirement accounts that typically hold stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
Here are the key points to understand about a Gold or Silver IRA:
- Self-Directed IRA: A Gold or Silver IRA is a self-directed IRA, which means you have more control over your investments compared to a traditional IRA. You can choose which types of gold or silver assets you want to include in your portfolio.
- Physical Precious Metals: Unlike other IRAs that hold paper assets, a Gold or Silver IRA holds physical precious metals in the form of bullion bars or government-approved coins. These metals are stored in secure depositories on your behalf.
- IRS Regulations: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has established specific regulations regarding the types of gold and silver assets that are eligible for inclusion in an IRA. Generally, only certain bullion bars and coins with a minimum purity level are permitted.
- Custodian Services: To set up and maintain a Gold or Silver IRA, you need to work with an IRA custodian or trustee who specializes in handling self-directed precious metals IRAs. The custodian will assist you with the account setup, storage of the assets, and compliance with IRS regulations.
How to fund a Gold or Silver IRA through a rollover:
- Eligible Retirement Accounts: First, you need to determine if you have an eligible retirement account that can be rolled over into a Gold or Silver IRA. Common accounts include 401(k)s, traditional IRAs, SEP-IRAs, and some governmental 457(b) plans.
- Rollover Process: Contact the custodian of the Gold or Silver IRA you wish to open and inform them about your desire to initiate a rollover. They will guide you through the necessary paperwork and provide instructions for transferring the funds from your existing retirement account to the new IRA.
- Direct Rollover: It is crucial to execute a direct rollover, also known as a trustee-to-trustee transfer, to avoid incurring taxes and penalties. In this process, the funds from your existing retirement account are directly transferred to the custodian of the Gold or Silver IRA without passing through your hands.
- Precious Metals Purchase: Once the rollover is complete and the funds are in your Gold or Silver IRA, you can work with your custodian to purchase the desired gold or silver assets for your portfolio. The custodian will facilitate the purchase and arrange for secure storage.
It's important to consult with a financial advisor or tax professional who specializes in retirement accounts to ensure you understand the specific rules and implications of funding a Gold or Silver IRA via a rollover. They can provide personalized guidance based on your circumstances.
Top 2 Best Gold IRA Companies
The Plug provides a page where we give readers our Top 5 Best Gold IRA Companies. You can check out that blog and see who the top five are. But, we've narrowed down the list to our Top 2 here on this page to save time.
We believe these two companies will provide any retiree or soon-to-be retiree with the necessary information and education to make informed precious metals buying decisions. You don't buy metals for short-term gains. You buy precious metals to hedge inflation and convert retirement savings to physical assets.
That asset can appreciate in value, but with any purchase, you could also lose money depending on when you choose or have to sell. The past performance of metals does not indicate there will be a similar future expected gain. Buying precious metals is a long-term hold, typically recommended by Gold IRA dealers at 10 years, with some indicating a 5-year hold at minimum.
Here are our Top Two:
Augusta Precious Metals
A+ Accreditation with BBB
10 - Years in Business
4.94/5 Stars with the BBB Customer Reviews / 0 customer complaints
4.99/5 Stars with TrustLink - 283 reviews
Free one-on-one educational training
Free transit insurance & shipping for qualified orders
Gold & Silver IRA Experts
$50,000 Minimum for IRA Rollover
3 Commitments to Customers - Transparency / Simplicity / Service
** FREE 10 years NO FEEs with Qualified New Account - Everyone Qualifies
A+ Accreditation with BBB
4.84/5 Star Rating w/317 Customer Reviews / 11 complaints closed in the last 12 months
4.8/5 Star Rating w/738 Customer Reviews
Charge Set-Up and Annual Fees
$25,000 Minimum Investment Rollover from 401K or IRA
$20,000 Minimum Savings Balance for CASH
BEST GOLD and SILVER IRA Company with Top Industry Experts
** FREE Silver with Qualifying Investment