Tips to Eating Healthy This Holiday Season
Eating unhealthy over the holidays can leave a person feeling remorseful. The trick is not to deny yourself your holiday favorites, but rather make healthier substitutions.
- Choose unsalted nuts or fiber-rich crackers
- Buy low-fat or fat-free eggnog
- Use fat-free evaporated milk when making potatoes
- Add dried cranberries and raisins to your stuffing instead of meat
- Make your gravy with low-sodium broth and skim milk
- Avoid pre-packaged pies – crusts are high in trans and saturated fats