It’s a hometown favorite!
Area Hy-Vee registered dieticians recently shared this recipe during a cooking class held at our Live Blue wellness center in Zona Rosa. The attendees enjoyed this so much, we had to share!
- 3 cups dry quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup lite maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milled flax
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon low sodium salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup mashed banana or about 3 bananas
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Combine oats, maple syrup, milk, butter, flax, eggs, baking powder, salt, vanilla and bananas in a bowl.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan and top with nuts and raisins.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Serves 10.
TIP: This keeps well in the refrigerator for four to five days. Re-heat with a little milk or maple syrup and pat of butter on top.
Nutritional Information: Calories 294; Total fat 13g; Protein 7g; Total carbohydrates 45g; Sugar 20g; Sodium 243mg