Indulge Your Sweet Tooth This Valentine’s Day
Chocolate and valentines go together like peas and carrots. Life is so much better when they’re together.
Ingredients: yields 16 servings
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 c. low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
- 2 tsp. 1 percent low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in sour cream, sugars, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan and bake in middle of oven for 35 minutes
- Cool brownies in a pan; cut into 16 squares.
- Melt butterscotch chips in a small pan over low heat, stirring (about 4 minutes). Add milk and whisk until smooth. Pour butterscotch into a plastic bag; snip end off one of the bottom corners. Stack 2-4 brownies and drizzle with butterscotch.
Nutritional Information: serving size: 1 brownie
Calories 179; Fat 9g; Saturated fat 6g; Monounsaturated fat 2g; Protein 2g; Carbohydrates 24g; Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 35mg; Iron 1mg; Sodium 60mg; Calcium 25mg