Biking and Running Trails
Kansas City offers great mountain biking opportunities and paved walking trails for the biking enthusiast as well as runner. Check out these popular trails and take a ride with the family or challenge yourself to a workout.
Off Road/Mountain Bike Areas
- Blue River Parkway – Located in southern Kansas City, MO near Holmes and Red Bridge Roads. Trails follow along the river and offer various levels of biking difficulty.
- Shawnee Mission Park – Positioned in Johnson County, this park connects to the Mill Creek Streamway Park trails. Excellent for family bike rides.
- Smithville Lake – Newly developed trails located at the north end of the metro area and include both challenging and family-friendly sections. Scenery includes dense woods, lake views, deer and other wildlife.
- Trolley Track Trail – It runs 6 miles along Brookside Blvd. from the Plaza to 85th Street. Beautiful ride through the South Plaza, Brookside, and Waldo neighborhoods.
- Longview Lake Trail – A short paved trail, it runs along the lake in southern KCMO & Lee’s Summit.
- Little Blue Trace Trail – Located in eastern Independence along the Little Blue River, from 24 Hwy south to I-70, the trail is mostly crushed gravel.
- Mill Creek Streamway Park – Paved trail in Johnson County, KS, it runs 13-15 miles along the creek from the Kaw River, south through Shawnee Mission Park, to 119th Street in Olathe.
- Indian Creek / Tomahawk Creek Greenways – Paved trails in southern Johnson County, KS, connecting a few neighborhood parks and extending eastward into southern KCMO.