Kansas City, Dec. 21, 2017: Scholars from across Kansas City Public Schools took center stage and showcased their talents during a wide variety of holiday-related events in the last two weeks of December 2017.
Some of this year’s KCPS holiday highlights included:
- Mr. and Mrs. Claus made a surprise appearance in several classrooms at James Elementary School. Santa read books to students and answered questions about life on the north pole.
- Pitcher Elementary School students treated hundreds of parents, guardians and relatives to a series of winter performances and carols. Students also decorated the hallways with holiday themed artwork for their guests to see.
- Students at Troost Elementary rocked the halls on Thursday, Dec. 21 with dances including an interpretation of “The Nutcracker”, vocals and instrumental performances.
- Border Star Montessori held a winter performance on Wednesday, Dec. 20 where kids performed skits, jokes and sang winter-themed songs.
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy Lower Campus held its annual Kwanza celebration on Tuesday, Dec. 19. Students celebrated Kwanza with various musical performances, spoken word and poetry.
- Northeast High School made history on Tuesday Dec. 19 by performing their first holiday musical in over fifty years. The student-led musical incorporated various holiday themes and was performed in front of the entire student body.
- Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts hosted its annual “Holiday On the Hill” concert on Dec. 14.
Visit the KCPS Flickr page for more photos.