Kansas City, February 13, 2020: Kansas City Public Schools recognized the selfless public service of our School Board members as part of a special event Wednesday evening, Feb. 12 at the Board of Education building.
Superintendent Mark Bedell designated Feb. 10-14 as School Board Recognition Week within KCPS. He, his leadership team, staff, students and family members took time to honor the seven Board members at the start of their regular meeting.
The KCPS School Board members are:
- Board Chair and Member-at-Large Pattie Mansur
- Vice Chair and Sub-District 2 Representative Nate Hogan
- Treasurer and Sub-District 3 Representative Manny R. Abarca, IV
- Sub-District 1 Representative Rita M. Cortés
- Sub-District 4 Representative Marvia Jones
- Sub-District 5 Representative Mark Wasserstrom
- Member-at-Large Jennifer Wolfsie
“We are blessed to have a School Board whose members are truly dedicated to serving every staff member, every student, every family member and every stakeholder within KCPS,” Dr. Bedell said. “We are making incredible gains as a school system because of the hard work, talent and time they put in on our behalf every day.”
The recognitions included musical performances by students from Border Star Montessori School and Wheatley Elementary School. Each Board member was then presented with a work of art created by students at Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts.