Kansas City, April 1, 2019: In light of questions regarding the number of available pre-K spots, Kansas City Public Schools is reinforcing its commitment to preschool students and early education as a whole. Each school year, KCPS offers several options for students age six months through five years in order to help them prepare to succeed in school.
For the 2019-2020 school year, KCPS anticipates offering 1,268 pre-K seats. This will be unchanged from the current academic year. KCPS is adjusting where those seats are located to the following schools in order to address the pre-K needs of those neighborhoods:
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy – Lower Campus
- Border Star Montessori
- Central High School (Early Head Start Program)
- J.A. Rogers Elementary
- John T. Hartman Elementary
- Hale Cook Elementary
- Harold Holliday, Sr. Montessori
- Longfellow Elementary
- Pitcher Elementary
- Primitivo Garcia Elementary
- Richardson Early Childhood Community School
- Trailwoods Elementary
- Woodland Early Childhood Community School
Parents who have a preschool-aged student and have not yet applied for a seat should visit our online application at kcpsonline.net/login to enroll today. Questions about the enrollment process should be directed to our Admissions Office by calling 816-418-7505 or visiting the KCPS Board of Education building, which is located at 2901 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO.