Quick Facts To Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Try and eat a variety of foods at each meal.
- Follow MyPlate as a guide
- Choose whole-grain foods
- Choose fat-free and skim dairy products
- Try to keep your sodium intake lower than 2,400 mg per day. However, if you’re trying to lower your blood pressure-1,500 mg a day is optimal.
- Aim for 150 minutes of moderate physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity per week.
- Brisk walk or Zumba classes for 30 minutes 5x a week
- Running for 15 minutes 5x a week.
It is hard to make several changes at once, so try and choose one bullet point at a time to work on.
Some of our elementary schools had a wonderful time drawing pictures of foods they love!
Looking for more ways to achieve a healthy heart?
Check out American Heart Association at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/